Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Weeding out the excuses.

My Facebook inbox is regularly filled with questions regarding my diet and routine.

"What are you doing?"
"Proper diet and exercise?"
"Oh"

As if they are disappointed and from there I get a plethora of excuses as to why they can't do it. Let's start with the most common.

"I don't have time to workout"
Yes, you do. HIIT takes 15 minutes, tabata intervals 4 minutes. Yeah, you may have to sacrifice a bar night or TV time for the gym but oh well. Make YOUR health a priority. You brush your teeth everyday, there is no reason why you shouldn't move your body. An hour of exercise is worth another 10-20 years on your life.

"I can't afford a gym membership"
Last time I had checked, body weight exercises are free. So is running/jogging/walking. Also, if you google you can make home made equipment. Do not use $ as an excuse from holding you back.

"I can't afford to eat healthy"
Again, this is a load of garbage. Buy what's on sale and in season, shop farmer's markets and plan your meals. I'm a broke ass college kid and managed to lose 75 pounds with clean eating. Eggs are cheap. Bananas are cheap. Salad mixes are cheap. You DO NOT have to shop Whole Foods. You had no problems coughing up $5 for a Big Mac meal, right?

"I have no one to support me"
We live in an internet crazed world. Really? Come on now. I'm sure you can find some one to motivate you out of the bajillion people that use it. Anyways, if you are in a relationship with some one whether it's boyfriend/girlfriend, friends or family and they choose to be non supportive of you....it's time to make new relationships. You have to be very vocal about your goals, especially with friends and family. You cannot expect them to understand what it is you are trying to do if you don't sit them down and explain it.

"People will judge me in a gym"
Actually, they don't judge you. Unless you are doing something really retarded (such as wearing sunglasses in the gym) The "in shape" people are there for the same reasons as you are: for their health. You need to step out of your comfort zone if you want this to work. You NEED to challenge yourself. If you do not tackle these insecurities, they will crawl up your leg and bite you in the ass...hard.



No comments:

Post a Comment