Friday, August 13, 2010

NROLFW Workout B #2

Remember how I said my first workout of New Rules felt short...and not very challenging?

Well...I'm an IDIOT and forgot to do my shoulder presses. I knew something felt weird!

Anyhoot...

My original plan for this morning was to lift...but I just felt REALLY tight so I decided on some light cardio and stretching. Good choice, because by the time evening rolled around I felt ready to go..and generally motivated to pump some iron, yo.

I've been trying real hard to take the primal lifestyle more seriously aside the diet and fitness part of it. Working on trying to get more connected to my body...so far it's working. I feel much more relaxed now. It's kind of nice not following a super rigid schedule. Besides, it's awesome to take naps every now and then. Doing what feels natural is winning so far.

Here's my workout log for today...

Deadlift

2 x 95/15

DB Shoulder Press

30/15
30/13...I did 15 reps but the last two were sloppy.

Lunge

2 x 30/15 for both my right and left leg (HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!)

Swiss Ball Crunch

3 x 15

Extra stuff:

Plank (feet apart)
-1 minute
-35 seconds
-30 seconds

Pushup

10 for close grip
10 for wide grip

Bench Dips
-BW/15
2 x BW/15 on one leg ( I learned those from Trainer Bob's facebook, though I did not crank out 100 like the girl did)

The deadlifts and lunges felt A LOT better. I really think the stretching is helping, plus I've been tailoring my warm ups to what kind of moves I'll be doing in the gym.


I actually left the gym dripping in sweat. I haven't been taking following the program down to a T (extra sets, extra reps in some areas and I'm taking 30 seconds TOPS between rests if that) I can't totally dog on the program because my muscular endurance has already made some improvements.

Just trying to be patient with lower weight/high rep junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment