Monday, December 14, 2009

Ugh

This weekend was almost entirely full of fails. Eating too much crappy foods. And these 3 pounds of water weight gain seem to just laugh at me when I step on the scale. It's so hard to not let it ruin my day. But, I know I need to pick myself up and try again. I have such a hard time not being consumed with guilt after a weekend of gorging, but such is life.

This week I have 3 holiday parties, which I'm completely terrified of. I guess I will just do my best to drink plenty of water beforehand and not to leave with an empty stomach. It is going to take every ounce of self control that I have to not hang out by the food table all night. Though, I'm trying to look at these parties like a true test of where I'm at. We shall see. :O

I'm also trying to prepare myself for the weight loss comments, and the fitness advice. Which, is another thing that I hate. Only because I hate having the attention put on me. I know that people say things about my weight loss as a compliment. However, I struggle to accept them. I still majorly lack confidence. I don't know if I will ever feel comfortable talking about my body, even if I got down to 130 pounds.

Anyhoot, enough of the self loathing. Time to hit the gym!

2 comments:

  1. This is a hard time of year...parties, all kinds of goodies to eat. I was doing good myself until the weekend - I have a sweet-tooth, had done great during the week...but the weekend, ughhh I blew it myself - and to top it off I didn't work out....this happens though. Just don't beat yourself up over it :-) You'll do better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's advice like it or not (thank you Shape):

    Eat apples and crap before you go

    Survey the table to see what you REALLY want

    spend time socializing

    wine spritzers

    embrace your new you! own it!

    Put exercise as a priority

    And pick yourself up and move on from any slip ups!

    ReplyDelete