Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Today calls for...

REST!

I think I've been to the gym about 5 days in a row now. I woke up this morning sore as fuck from lifting yesterday...to which I had a major accomplishment. I can now do 3 sets of 8 reps with a shoulder press at 30 pounds...and with good form. I remember how hard that shit was six weeks ago.

"I strong, like bool! (bull)"

Anyhoot, I'm sore, my eyes feel heavy which I think is a pretty clear indication that my body is asking for rest.
I was contemplating just walking...but no. I shall be on my feet for about 4 hours today slaving over heavy shipment boxes. That is enough for me! Plus, I have a little holiday party tomorrow, and I'd rather save the exercise for tomorrow that way I can eat an extra 200 calories.

Another accomplishment not entirely related to fitness:
I got THE highest grade out of everyone (not just in my class, but the warwick campus class as well) in my intro to social work class. 95.5% *makes ignorant pumped up, bro guy noises* I hauled ass in the class...and the work clearly shows.

I also did not have my usual end of semester nervous break down. I definately chalk this up to my new eating habits and being consistant all semester with working out. It's done amazing things for my stress level and thus my grades...which are honestly more important to me than losing weight. School will always come first in my life as of right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment