Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A few accomplishments.

This morning, Rhode Islanders woke up to a random blizzard. Weather man said it just supposed to be rain. So, it did put a damper on my morning. Considering I was all pumped up to go running and do some lifting.

I was debating on whether or not to truck in the snow "just to work out". I had posted a Facebook status regarding this...and I got this reply..

Jeff Harjo
Didn't you ever see Rocky 4? A little snow and communism didn't stop him. Now download "Hearts on Fire", grab a knit cap and get out there.

As silly as this seems, he is right. Though I did not download "Hearts on Fire" or grab a knit cap, but I did manage to get out there. :)

So, thank you Jeff!

When I arrived at the gym, I was pretty happy to see that I damn near the entire place to myself. Minus this one other girl and some dude. It was definitely nice and peaceful for once. :D

I did 40 minutes on the treadmill, walking at 3.7MPH and 10 minutes of that was spent running (Split up into 5 minute intervals). Though, this amount of running isn't anything in comparison to most people. I still did it. I remember when running was such a daunting task for me. I remember when every bone and joint in my body felt like it was on fire. I remember when my lungs felt like they would cave in if I did more than 1 minute of running.

Now, I don't feel any of that. Yes, it is still extremely difficult for me because I'm carrying 197 pounds...but it IS getting easier with every pound lost.


\m/

No comments:

Post a Comment