Saturday, January 2, 2010

:D :D :D :D :D

My first workout of 2010, and I started off by running my first full mile at 5.7MPH. Took me about 10 minutes.

The first few minutes I felt like death, my ankles and knees were throbbing. I just wanted to stop, but I kept telling myself I could do it. For some reason, staring at the sweat dripping down this dude's back on the treadmill in front of me seemed to keep me going. I was mentally racing him.

I just remember back in gym class in grade school, the first few classes were always those stupid fitness tests, which were always humiliating. I couldn't do anything like the other kids, now I am proud to say that I can out lift and out run most skinny girls and some of the men that go to my gym.

It's amazing to see and feel how my body is adapting and changing.

2 comments: