Sunday, January 17, 2010

Feeling overwhelmed.

Last night, I had a complete meltdown after my sister made negative comments about the "health food crap" that I always eat. It really hurts me that I don't have the support system I'd like from the people I love the most.

Most of the time, I feel like I only have myself. And some days, like last night and yesterday I just feel emotionally weak. Who's there to pick me up? ME.

I've learned a great deal about nutrition and exercise in the last few months. But now I struggle with taking this information, simplifying it and making it apply to my OWN lifestyle. I've had it with scheduled eating. "Oh, it's been 3 hours, need a metabolism boost!" I just recently went from eating 4 meals a day, to about 6. I really don't think this is working for me. I just feel totally overwhelmed by food and it's taking the enjoyment out of this lifestyle for me.

Right now, I just want to lose the fat. I do not care about being a sculpted muscle machine right now. I just want to eat my breakfast, lunch, and dinner...,maybe a snack or two and be on my way.

I feel weak.

3 comments:

  1. Not to be too harsh here, but I'm going to lay it out there, it's one thing to be disinterested in someones health choices, it's quite another to attack them.

    The health food crap comment is uncalled for, and not helpful in any way. I would explain that this is important to you, and that if your sister can't support you with things that are important to you, then perhaps she needs to look at why she would need to try to undermine you.

    That being said, you can pick your friends, you get the family ya got. They are who they are, and there isn't really anything you can do about it. Just hang in there, and know that it's your body, your health, and your life, and the only person you have to answer to in the end is yourself (and, if you follow it, whatever All Powerful being you follow).

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since taking up an active lifestyle I have come in contact with so many hater who are jealous of my progress.

    I ran a full marathon recently and had people deny that I even did it based on the fact that I'm still technically obese by BMI standards. But I'm not really obese, I'm muscular. Just because no one was there to witness my marathon doesn't mean it didn't exist.

    Tell them all to go to hell. It's hard being a young woman and also good looking because people are always going to try and keep you down.

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^ what they all said! Rewards last longer when they come from within, anyway (Psych 101!)

    ReplyDelete