Monday, February 15, 2010

Heavy lifting victories!

Today, I legged press more than what I weigh for the first time. I remember when I could barely lift 100 pounds on that machine..now I'm doing 190! So unbelievably proud of myself!

I'll also started dabbling in weighed squats today after a few months of just doing it with my own body weight. I grabbed a 30 pound barbell and went at it. I could have done more, but I just wanted to get a feel for it first...and practice form using that.

But...I'm beginning to realize how much I LOVE lifting weights. I look forward to getting into the weight room, and doing what all the men do. I'm not intending on getting a body builder physique (that requires way too much time to train, and you have to be a REAL stickler about diet to even get that way).

Lifting is starting to make me look a lot leaner than ever before. :)

However, I still struggle with diet. It's definitely getting better, I've been eating carbs around my workouts and decreased sugar intake. Now, I'm working on getting in more plant based carbs. It's just difficult with my living situation. I know things would be different if I were on my own (half our grocery stock wouldn't even be found in my own kitchen). But, it's not the case. No sense in whining about it anymore either, I just have to work around it to the best of my ability.

Even though I have not dropped much weight, I'm still seeing differences every time I go shopping. I'm currently in between a size 12 and 14 (which is uber annoying, lol) I'm smallest I've been in my entire life...and I feel amazing. YAY DENSITY!

It's such a GREAT feeling to walk around with your head held higher. The hard work is so worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment