Sunday, December 26, 2010

HOLY LACK OF UPDATES BATMAN!!!

Remember when I said last that the upcoming semester was going to be a hellish one? I was correct.

It was easily the toughest and most demanding semester, but I walked out of there with 3 A's and a solid B (in anatomy none the less).

I had a hard time keeping up with diet and my exericse routine, I pretty much had the mentality of "I'll get there when I get there", I still managed at least 3 days a week though. But my progress has stalled, significantly. I knew this was going to happen, but I guess I didn't realize how hard things were going to get.

Lately, I've been playing around with different types of training to see what I like and how I respond. I've dabbled in CrossFit which I do love but it's not something I'd like to take on full time. Recently, I've discovered how much I absolutely love olympic lifting. I've started with the basic movements (i.e. snatch, cleans..etc), my body responds really well to movements like that in terms of my overall development. However, I don't think it's getting me leaner...if anything it's giving me thicker muscles (not complaining, just still too much body fat is covering them!) And some areas are lagging. My upper back, shoulders and legs are fairly strong...it's getting the rest to catch up.

So, which leads me to think I might have some results if I did a split again with high reps/lower weight. It's been almost a year since I've done a split body routine, maybe my muscles just need something different. Plus, I've never done a split body since I actually sorta know what I'm doing now. I'm interested to see how my body responds...

Also, I plan on starting a carb cycle. Nothing overly crazy since I have blood sugar issues now since losing weight, I noticed though they start getting whacky if I lack complex carbs. It's a work in progress for sure, as anyone in the game knows. I just gotta stop making excuses and get even more consistent than what I have been doing. Clean up my diet even more, I've already cut out my Splenda which was torture at first...but not so bad now.

Bought a giant dry erase board to monitor my stats, and calipers now that I'm much more concerned with losing ACTUAL fat. I figure this dry erase board will help me stay focused by looking at the thing every morning. It's easy to disregard tracking online, at least for me.

I've also canceled my membership at Planet Fitness, I had about had it after I was lunked for deadlifting. I guess making clinking sounds with plates is considered dropping them *shrug*. I'm at Bally's now, which is alright...

Not sure how I feel about it...the setup is weird. Too many machines for my taste, but at least they have like 6 fuckin bench stations and 2 power racks..AND...I noticed in the corner BUMPER PLATES!! I never noticed them during my tour, but my eyes lit up when I saw them. Not very many adjustable benches or EZ curl bars :( It's nice to be at a gym where I see powerlifters and bodybuilders. Granted, I stick out like a sore thumb and I feel a little uncomfortable but I'm giving it more time. The weight room has a very gritty, old school feel to it which I'm not quite used to. I have to keep in mind the regulars probably think I'm a New Years Resolutioner. But even so, fuck what people think.

But now it's time to really evaluate my goals for 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment